Systematic review of missed opportunities for vaccination
Request For Proposals
Eligibility and How to Apply
- IVB encourages proposals that include a collaboration between institutions/groups in industrialized countries and institutions/groups in low and middle income countries with an in built capacity building component.
- The project team should include a principal investigator with extensive experience in the conduct of systematic reviews.
- Applicants are expected to disclose any possible conflict of interest capable of influencing their judgments, including personal, political, proprietary, family, academic and financial. A WHO disclosure form for Declaration Conflict of Interest must be completed by all named persons on the research team and submitted with the RFP application.
- Project duration will not exceed twelve months, but the ability to complete the project in 9 months will be considered favorably in the application review.
They will be selected on the basis of:
- Experience of the principal investigator and the team’s expertise in conducting and disseminating similar syntheses,
- Methodological rigor of their proposed approach, including feasibility of timelines
- Proposed timelines,
- Available institutional resources to support the work and build capacity in the LMIC partner,
- Proposed budget/overall value of the project,
- Adequacy of mechanisms for addressing any intellectual and financial conflicts of interest.
- Content expertise on the team in immunization and vaccines is desirable although not essential.
Research proposals will be evaluated in a two-stage process:
- Upon receipt, IVR staff will review all applications for completeness and for compliance with the parameters of this competition.
- Applications that pass review by the IVB staff will then be reviewed by at least two independent reviewers with relevant expertise in the field for a recommendation on funding.
Final authority on funding approval rests with the IVB Secretariat who will notify the successful applicants directly. IVB will be unable to provide individual feedback on unsuccessful applications.
How to apply
Proposals must be submitted by email as an electronic version to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic submission must be received by 5 pm (Geneva time) on 15 April 2013 and should include “IVB -MIssed Opportunities for Vaccination Review Application” in the subject line.
Proposals that are incomplete, or received after the due date, will not be reviewed.