Meeting of the advisory committee on immunization and vaccines-related implementation research (IVIR-AC)
This is the second annual meeting of the IVIR-AC since its scope was broadened to include implementation research topics (former QUIVER-AC). The Advisory Committee will not only review methods used for certain implementation research topics but also deliberate on the new strategic directions of the Committee. Starting point of the discussions will be the WHO priority setting exercise on implementation research related to immunization program.
- To discuss, review and formulate recommendations on:
- WHO implementation research priority setting exercise;
- Burden of disease estimation methods for yellow fever and varicella/zoster;
- Plan of activities and methods used for Hepatitis B impact analysis; and
- Measles investment case for eradication.
- To inform IVIR-AC on malaria vaccine cost-effectiveness models and GVAP immunization financing resource tracking methods and approaches.
- Endorsement of the methods used for research priority setting and burden of disease and impact evaluation of the above mentioned VPDs.
- Strategic directions and topics for IVIR-AC to address in future meetings and working groups.