Disease surveillance and Burden
Assessing the health and economic impact of disease on a given population is the first step towards prioritization and adoption of appropriate vaccination policies and disease control strategies.
After a vaccine has been introduced, assessing the impact of vaccination on disease is an effective way to measure progress, guide programme development and advocate for continuing program support.
These impact assessments require reliable data on disease burden, measured by indicators such as morbidity and mortality rates, and collected through ongoing surveillance and reporting activities.
This section includes general as well as disease-specific information and guidance on methods for:
- Surveillance for Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPDs)
- Morbidity and Mortality estimates (disease burden)
- Laboratory Networks
Last Updated: 03 March 2014
Summary presentation of routine immunization key indicators
Global Immunization Data
Données Mondiales sur la Vaccination
Vaccine Introduction Slides
- Country Profiles, Data and Statistics on Immunization
- Country Summaries of WHO/UNICEF estimated coverage
- Global Health Observatory (GHO) - Immunization Page