Interpretation of results
Main competency to be acquired
Interpret laboratory test results taking into account sensitivity, specificity test and causality criteria.
Specific learning objectives
- think critically in:
- interpreting positive and negative results;
- interpreting positive highly specific test results.
- interpret laboratory results according to:
- frequency of disease;
- test (sensitivity and specificity);
- host relationship.
- interpret names of tests and unities:
- critical thinking if the identified pathogen is the responsible pathogen.