Scaling up nursing and midwifery capacity to contribute to the Millennium Development Goals 2008-2009
Meeting of Focal Points on the Implementation of the Global Programme, 23–24 March 2009
The overall objective of the meeting was to introduce the GPW on scaling up nursing and midwifery capacity to contribute to the MDGs.
The specific objectives were to:
- familiarize the Focal Points with the GPW and related tools;
- share country experiences and work plans in at least two key areas;
- share experiences regarding India and Argentina’s nursing and midwifery development activities;
- review country-specific action plans;
- reach consensus on operational modalities, including monitoring and evaluation.