Report of the Forum for the Government Chief Nurses and Midwives
Third Global Forum - 14-15 May, 2008
The objectives of the 2008 GCNMO Forum were to bring nursing and midwifery leaders together to:
- provide input into the development of the Global Programme of Work (GPW) for Scaling Up Nursing and Midwifery Capacity 2008–2009 and the Strategic Directions for Strengthening Nursing and Midwifery Services 2009–2015 (SDNM);
- actively engage GCNMOs in primary health care (PHC) and WHO priority programmes at global, regional and national levels;
- foster collaboration and partnerships among GCNMOs and map out strategies for successful implementation of priority programmes;
- gain increased understanding of policy formulation, implementation and evaluation; and
- provide an orientation to the 61st World Health Assembly in May 2009.