Report of the Meeting of the Global Advisory Group for Nursing and Midwifery Development
20-21 February, 2007
The tenth meeting of the GAGNM was convened in February 2007 in order to:
- articulate the GAGNM’s strategic role and function in reinforcing and supporting WHO’s priorities and programmes of work;
- generate policies and recommendations to support the strengthening of nursing and midwifery services and scaling up workforce production;
- propose: a) strategies to integrate nursing and midwifery services into priority programmes, and b) mechanisms to ensure the mobilization of resources to support the implementation of the programmes of work of the WHO Nursing and Midwifery Programme;
- update the framework for collaboration and partnerships with partner organizations and other United Nations (UN) agencies;
- reach conclusions and draw up recommendations to enhance the contribution of the nursing and midwifery workforce/services to the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) for health.