Designed to complement Working together for health: The World Health Report 2006, these policy briefs are intended to assist those who make and carry out health policy worldwide. The briefs address the following:
- Strengthening information and research on the health workforce: strategies for action.
- Investing in education for expanded capacity and lifelong learning.
- Making the most of the existing health workforce.
- Addressing the complex challenges of health worker migration.
- Bridging between health workers in separate public health programmes.
- Financing health workforce development.
After describing an issue, the briefs propose ways to address it, many of which have been drawn from experience in countries. The briefs were designed to encourage adaptation to local needs and local languages.