HIV programme: Achieving our goals
Operational plan 2014–2015
This plan describes how WHO will contribute to achieving major international HIV-related goals and targets in the 2014–2015 biennium in accordance with the needs formulated by WHO Member States.
WHO work is particularly relevant to achieving the following 2015 global targets and commitments:
- Reaching 15 million people with life-saving ART.
- Eliminating new HIV infections among children and substantially reducing AIDS-related maternal deaths.
- Reducing tuberculosis deaths in people living with HIV by 50%.
- Reducing sexual transmission of HIV by 50%.
- Reducing transmission of HIV among people who inject drugs by 50%.
- Eliminating parallel systems for HIV-related services, in order to strengthen integration of the AIDS response in global health and development efforts.