Transitional Path Offer
Beginning 2013, a small set of content is available to some institutions in countries, areas, or territories no longer eligible for the HINARI Core Offer.
- Eligible categories of institutions are: local Non-Governmental Organizations or Agriculture Extension Centers who are not also research institutes, educational organizations, or major government offices. All staff members are entitled to access the information resources.
- HINARI Transitional Path Offer costs US$ 1000 per institution per calendar year (from January through December). All eligible institutions registering from Transitional Path Offer countries, areas and territories will receive a six month trial without payment.
- If your institution is in a Transitional Path country, area, or territory, and cannot or chooses not to pay the annual fee, the institution will still be eligible for free access to a small number of information resources.
- Free Access in Transitional Path Offer countries, areas, or territories for some information resources
Transitional Path Offer eligibility:
1. Countries, areas, or territories with a total GNI above US$ 1 trillion are not eligible for HINARI regardless of other factors
2. All other countries, areas, or territories fulfilling any of the below criteria not already covered in the Core Offer (Groups A and B)
- Human Development Index (HDI) is at or less than 0.67 and/or
- Gross National Income per capita (GNIpc) is at or less than US$ 5000 and/or
- Total Gross National Income (GNI) is at or less than US$ 100 billion where GNIpc is at or less than US$ 10,000
-a country, area, or territory must fulfil at least one of the three factors designated by solid bullet points.
- the last factor is a complex one. In order to fulfil it, the country, area, or territory must meet both criteria listed in the solid bullet.
Transitional Path countries, areas and territories
1 Graduating from Core Offer to Transitional Path Offer in 2013
This list of countries, areas, and territories is intended for use by the Research4Life partnership only. Given the specific nature of the design of this list which incorporates factors relevant to our public-private-partnership, we recommend that anyone seeking a list of countries fitting certain criteria should consult original UNDP, and World Bank data.