HECA Information Materials
Through advocacy and information sharing, the Healthy Environments for Children Alliance (HECA) aims to raise awareness with the goal of informing and influencing policy- and decision-makers on effective measures for protecting and promoting healthy environments for children.
- HECA Flyer - A brief overview of the Alliance. (PDF, 252KB)
- "Shape the Future of Life: Healthy Environments for Children" Tool Kit, Sticker (PDF, 236KB), and Measuring Tape (PDF, 1.35MB) - To assist World Health Day 2003 event coordinators around the world to organize on the healthy environments for children theme.
- Healthy Environments for Children - An Alliance to Shape the Future of Life – An advocacy tool disseminated at the World Summit on Sustainable Development (26 August-4 September 2002, Johannesburg, South Africa), where HECA was launched.
- HECANET Email Updates - An electronic mailing list providing updates on HECA activities, as well as links to HEC advocacy tools and information resources.
- Factsheet on Healthy Environments for Children.
- HECA Newsletter – A monthly publication to begin circulation in late 2003.
Guiding Frameworks and Workplans
The HECA Framework for Action, drafted at the 9-10 June 2003 meeting of the Alliance-Building Task Force, sets out the initial activities and expected achievements of the Alliance.
The HECA three year implementation plan drafted at the 10-12 November 2004 meeting of the HECA Steering Group, gives guidance for priority HECA activities to be undertaken by HECA stakeholders.
- 20 Questions and Answers on HECA (PDF, 48.6KB)
- Meeting Report of the First Meeting of Stakeholders (3-4 December 2002, Geneva, Switzerland). (PDF, 701KB)
- Informal Discussion Document: Background Paper for the First Meeting of Stakeholders (3-4 December 2002, Geneva, Switzerland). (PDF, 91.9KB)
- Presentation – PowerPoint slides combining “Keynote” and “Methods of Work” presentations, delivered 3 December 2002 at the First Meeting of Stakeholders. (PDF, 1.97MB)
- HECA World Health Day Brochure - Highlights the importance of Healthy Environments for Children, with information on the issues and action strategies.
- Healthy Environments for Children: An Alliance for Action – A detailed overview of the issues, prepared for the World Summit on Sustainable Development in support of the initiation of the Alliance. (PDF, 180KB)
- Press Releases and Speeches on HECA
- Photo Gallery
- HECA Posters and Exhibits
- Media Advisory and Media Backgrounder on Healthy Environments for Children - Produced in conjunction with World Health Day 2003.
Links to WHO information sources
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Lack of water and inadequate sanitation and children's health
- Water, sanitation and health
- Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage
- Water, health and ecosystems
Accidents and injuries
ISDE recently contributed an article on children's health and the environment to the Journal of the Society for International Development