Health Metrics Network Executive Board
Executive Board Chair
Professor Alan Lopez, University of Queensland.
Professor Alan Lopez was appointed HMN Executive Board Chair on 27 January 2012 on the occasion of the fourth meeting of the HMN Executive Board.
In that role, he succeeds Dr Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, The Lancet, who stepped down on the same day and whose leadership of the HMN Executive Board was most appreciated.
Executive Board Members
- Mr Mohamed-El-Heyba Lemrabott Berrou, Paris21
- Dr Bob Emrey, United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Dr Marie-Paule Kieny, World Health Organization (WHO); Dr Ties Boerma, Alternate Executive Board Member (WHO)
- Mr Pali Lehohla, Statistics South Africa
- Dr Daniel Low-Beer, The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM)
- Dr Akiko Maeda, The World Bank
- Professor Don de Savigny, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH)
- Dr Walter Curioso Vílchez, Ministry of Health, Peru
- Mr Ken Warman, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Dr Suwit Wibulpolprasert, Ministry of Public Health, Thailand
HMN Executive Board Subcommittees
The HMN Executive Board, in keeping with the HMN Corporate Plan 2012-13, has established four Executive Board subcommittees, each of which is chaired by a Board Member:
- Finance and Audit Subcommittee: Dr Daniel Low-Beer
- Advocacy and Resource Mobilization Subcommittee: Mr Mohamed-El-Heyba Lemrabott Berrou
- Technical Subcommittee: Professor Don de Savigny
- Regional Hubs Subcommittee: Mr Pali Lehola