Polio in the Syrian Arab Republic
December 2013 - The push to immunize all children against polio has been hampered by the ongoing crisis in the Syrian Arab Republic. WHO and UNICEF have appealed to all parties to cooperate, including through temporary pauses in hostilities where needed, to allow vaccination campaigns to take place and for all children to be protected.
- Read more about the Polio outbreak
- Read about the vaccination campaing in Syrian Arab Republic
- Read the latest information on the Regional Office website
- Read regional situation report highlights
- UN humanitarian chiefs strongly condemn attacks on medical personnel and facilities by all parties to the Syria conflict