SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands - WHO's global annual campaign
5 May 2014
5 May 2014
Are you ready to prevent the spread of antimicrobial resistant germs?
The role of hand hygiene in preventing the spread of drug resistant germs has been the focus for 5 May 2014 SAVE LIVES: Clean Your Hands campaign. WHO urges health workers to practice good hand hygiene when caring for patients, to protect them from contracting infections in health facilities.
Convincing evidence that hand hygiene practices lead to a reduction of infections caused by multidrug resistant bacteria in health facilities has been presented in a new report. For example, when hand hygiene compliance in health faciilties increases from <60% to 90%, there can be a 24% reduction in MRSA acquisition
- See detailed call to action for 5 May 2014 here
- Read the WHO global report on antimicrobial resistance
- See the call for participation in the 5 May 2014 Global Surveys
- Voyez ici notre appel à participer aux deux enquêtes mondiales du 5 mai 2014
- Véase el llamamiento de participación en las Encuestas Globales para el evento del 5 de mayo de 2014