Health Equity Assessment Toolkit
The Health Equity Assessment Toolkit is a software application that facilitates the assessment of within-country health inequalities. It was developed for use on desktop or laptop computers and mobile devices (minimum screen size of 7.9 inches recommended).
The Health Equity Assessment Toolkit is available in 2 editions:
- HEAT, Built-In Database Edition, which comes pre-installed with the Health Equity Monitor database.
- HEAT Plus, Upload Database Edition, which allows users to upload and work with their own database.
Both HEAT and HEAT Plus are organized around two main components:
- Explore inequality, which enables users to explore the situation in one setting of interest (e.g. a country, province or district) to determine the latest situation of inequality and the change in inequalities over time.
- Compare inequality, which enables users to benchmark, i.e. compare the situation in one setting of interest with the situation in other settings.
Inequalities can be assessed using disaggregated data and summary measures that are visualized in a variety of customized tables and graphs. Results can be exported and saved in different formats.
Health Equity Assessment Toolkit (HEAT): software for exploring and comparing health inequalities in countries
To report any software problems, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details on:
- What type of problem you encountered?
- Where you encountered the problem (i.e. which tab was selected)?
- What variables were selected when you encountered the problem (i.e. which setting, year(s), health indicator(s), inequality dimension(s) and, if applicable, summary measure(s))?
- Whether the problem occurred systematically or randomly (i.e. were you able to reproduce the problem or not)?
- A screenshot of the HEAT/HEAT Plus window showing the problem.
Kindly note that this is not a helpline address.