Cronobacter Sakazakii (previously Enterobacter sakazakii)
Risk Assessment Documents
- Enterobacter sakazakii and Salmonella in powdered infant formula: Meeting report, MRA Series 10
- Enterobacter sakazakii and other microorganisms in powdered infant formula: meeting report, MRA Series 6
Web-based microbiological risk assessment model
Following the publication of the FAO/WHO risk assessment of Enterobacter sakazakii in Powdered Infant Formula (PIF), FAO and WHO have developed their first web-based risk assessment tool to assess the risk associated with Cronobacter sakazakii in PIF.
The model is designed so that the user does not require any specialist training, but will need to follow the user manual which is available on the web page in order to ensure correct use of the model. With this model the user can compare the impact of the implementation of different sampling plans at the end of the production of PIF. It allows the comparison of the relative risk reduction impact of a whole range of different preparation, storage and handling scenarios on the risk of C. sakazakii infections in infants. This user friendly tool can run on any web connection with a standard web browser.
- FAO/WHO Joint Meeting on Follow-up Formula, 14-18 July 2008
- FAO/WHO Expert meeting on Enterobacter sakazakii and Salmonella in powdered infant formula, Rome, 16-20 January 2006
- Joint FAO/WHO Workshop on Enterobacter Sakazakii and Other Microorganisms in Powdered Infant Formula, Geneva, 2-5 February 2004