The Five Keys to Safer Food Programme
The five keys to safer food
- Keep clean
- Separate raw and cooked
- Cook thoroughly
- Keep food at safe temperatures
- Use safe water and raw materials
The Five Keys to Safer Food explain the basic principles that each individual should know all over the world to prevent foodborne diseases. Over 100 countries have reported using the Five Keys to Safer Food to build educational programmes. As a result, thousands of food handlers, including consumers, are empowered to prevent foodborne diseases, make safe and informed choice to protect the health of their family and the community, and will have a voice to push for a safer food supply.
Based on the success of the Five Keys to Safer Food concept, WHO develops additional messages and materials to promote hygienic practices along the farm to table continuum.
Five keys to safer food brochure
- Five keys to safer food posters
- Five keys to safer food manual
- Five keys to growing safer fruits and vegetables
- Empowering women through food safety education
- The 3 Fives
- A guide to healthy food markets
- Essential safety requirements for street-vended foods
To reproduce or adapt the poster, and other materials, contact directly Françoise Fontannaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.