July 2015 -- An HIV self-testing project in Malawi raises the rate of adolescents tested to over 80%. WHO encourages countries to conduct pilot programmes on HIV self-testing so information can be gathered and the role self-tests can be evaluated. Better access to self-testing helps adolescents who need further support for prevention, treatment and care of HIV. Concerns about confidentiality and privacy are one of the key barriers to HIV testing services for adolescents.
Focus - Immunization, vaccines
- Guinea: Ebola vaccine trial
- Vaccinating and registering the children born during Ebola
- Liberia tackles measles as the Ebola epidemic comes to an end
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic: The beginning of the end of Japanese encephalitis
- Keeping Syrian children free from polio at home and across the border