The Convention Secretariat regularly organizes intercountry meetings on the implementation of the WHO FCTC, in collaboration with WHO regional offices.
The following regional workshops were convened in 2016:
- Workshop on Articles 6 and 15 of the WHO FCTC and promote the entry into force of the Protocol to Eliminate Illicit trade in Tobacco Products.
Nadi, Fiji, 26-29 September 2016
-Pacific Workshop on Implementation of the WHO FCTC and regional action plan for the tobacco free initiative in the Western Pacific (2015-2019)
Nadi, Fiji, 17-19 November 2015
- Regional Workshop on the implementation of WHO FCTC, EMRO
Cairo, Egypt, 26-28 October 2015
- Regional Workshop for the South East Asian region on the implementation of WHO FCTC, and promote the entry into force of the Protocol to Eliminate Illicit trade in Tobacco Products.
Sri Lanka, 13-14 October 2015.
Past regional meetingsMeetings from 2011 to 2014
Best practices in implementation of the Convention
Case-studies of best practices in implementation of the Convention in countries, as identified by the Parties during the meetings and developed through subsequent research, are being published by the Secretariat.
- WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products
- About the WHO FCTC