Intersessional groups established by the Conference of the Parties
The Conference of the Parties (COP) established intersessional groups to develop guidelines and recommendations for the implementation of different articles of the WHO FCTC. Working groups on Articles 5.3, 6, 8, 11, 12, 13 and 14 have completed their work and the guidelines on these articles have been adopted by the COP. Partial guidelines have also been adopted by the COP on Articles 9 and 10 and work continues on these two articles.
At its sixth session, the COP extended the mandate of the following groups:
Working group on Articles 9 and 10 of the WHO FCTC
- Expert group on Article 19 of the WHO FCTC “Liability”
- Working group on sustainable measures to strengthen the implementation of the WHO FCTC
The COP also decided to establish the following expert groups:
- independent expert group to conduct an impact assessment of the WHO FCTC after its first 10 years of operation;
- expert group to review reporting arrangements under the WHO FCTC.
Current working groups
The composition of the current working groups will be posted here as soon as it is available
Previous working groups
- WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products
- About the WHO FCTC