Sessions of the Conference of the Parties
to the WHO FCTC
Regular sessions of the Conference of the Parties (COP) are held every two years according to the Rules of Procedure of the COP. At each regular session, the COP decides on the dates and venue of its next regular session.
According to the Rules of Procedure, extraordinary sessions of the COP may be held at the request of any Party, provided that it is supported by at least one third of the Parties.
The provisional agenda for each session is prepared by the Convention Secretariat in consultation with the Bureau of the COP. The official documentation and decisions of each session of the COP can be consulted from the links below.
- Seventh session of the COP (COP7) - 7-12 November 2016
- Sixth session of the COP (COP6) - 13-18 October 2014
- Fifth session of the COP (COP5) - 12-17 November 2012
- Fourth session of the COP (COP4) - 15-20 November 2010
- Third session of the COP (COP3) - 17-22 November 2008
- Second session of the COP (COP2) - 30 June - 6 July 2007
- First session of the COP (COP1) - 6-17 February 2006
- WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- Protocol to Eliminate Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products
- About the WHO FCTC