Bureau of the Conference of the Parties
The Conference of the Parties elects at each regular session its President as well as five Vice-Presidents. These officers, each representing a WHO region, constitute the Bureau of the Conference of the Parties. According to Rule 21 of the Rules of Procedure of the COP, they shall commence their term of office at the closure of the session and shall serve until the closure of the following regular session of the Conference of the Parties, including for any intervening extraordinary session.
The current Bureau of the Conference of the Parties, elected by the Conference at its fifth session on 12-17 November 2012 in Seoul, Republic of Korea, consists of:
- Professor Chang jin Moon (Republic of Korea), representing the Western Pacific Region
- Dr Oleg Salagay (Russian Federation), representing the European Region
- Mr Amal Pusp (India), representing the South-East Asia Region
- Mr Yahia Bouzo (Syrian Arab Republic), representing the Eastern Mediterranean Region
- Mr Denis Choinière (Canada), representing the Region of the Americas
- Ms Dorcas Kiptui (Kenya), representing the African Region
Meetings of the Bureau 2013-2014
The Bureau held its first meeting on 9-11 April 2013 in Geneva and agreed to hold another two intersessional meetings, as well as a meeting on the day before the opening of COP6.
As requested by the COP, the official documentation and the summary records of the meetings of the Bureau are available for Parties’ information. Parties wishing to access the documentation should contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.