About the ePORTUGUÊSe network
What is ePORTUGUÊSe?
A platform to support the development of human resources for health in Portuguese-speaking Member States facilitating collaboration among institutions, delivering health information, and promoting capacity building.
The mission of the ePORTUGUÊSe network is to strengthen collaboration among Portuguese-speaking countries, promote capacity building of human resources for health and facilitate access to health information in Portuguese.
One of the main objectives is to improve access to health-related information in Portuguese through development of the Virtual Health Library model created by the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information (BIREME), a specialized center of the Pan-American Health Organization.
Other objectives are:
- to foster access to the latest health information at local, regional, national and international levels
- to promote visibility and support for local knowledge production
- to facilitate the use of knowledge into policy and action
- to facilitate distribution of Blue Trunk Libraries in Portuguese
- to build capacity for HRH in several areas of knowledge
- to build Communities of Practice (CoP), BLOGS, collaborative spaces and discussion groups to support the sharing of knowledge
- to contribute to WHO's Global Health Library initiative
- to contribute to WHO's HINARI initiative, a platform to encourage research
- to contribute to WHO's effort to promote multilingualism.