2014 Call for innovative health technologies for low-resource settings
Selection of health technologies for the 2014 Compendium
All submissions undergo an evaluation process; technologies will be assessed by an advisory panel and WHO experts based on the evidence provided by the applicant as well as publicly available information.
Health technologies considered for acceptance in the 2014 Compendium must meet the following criteria:
- clearance from a regulatory body, if needed.
- price and availability information available.
- evidence of a technical review or assessment of the technology’s benefits and suitability for use in low-resource settings.
- evidence of being better suited to address a health problem than existing solutions available (e.g. reduced training requirements, improved safety, increased cultural acceptability, etc.)
- not currently available in low-resource settings, available in a low-resource setting for less than 5 years, or available in low-resource settings for more than 5 years but not yet widely used.
- contributors to the 2011, 2012, or 2013 Compendia whose technology has advanced from ‘under development’ status to a launched product are encouraged to submit their updated entry.
Please note that inclusion in the Compendium does not constitute a warranty for fitness of the technology for a particular purpose nor endorsement of the product by WHO.