Process for developing the Global Strategy
Member States at the May 2002 World Health Assembly mandated that WHO should formulate a Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health:
The Global Strategy Process document details the process, the timeline and the parties involved in developing the global strategy.
The process for developing the strategy is composed of the following phases:
Finalization of the Diet, Nutrition and the Prevention of Chronic Diseases report of the joint WHO/FAO expert consultation.
Process for stakeholder consultation on the WHO Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
- Track 1 - Regional Consultations with Member States
- Track 2 - United Nations agency consultation
- Track 3 - Consultation with civil society organizations
- Track 4 - Consultation with the private sector
- Track 5 - Virtual public consultation
Drafting of the Global Strategy for consideration by the WHO Executive Board in January 2004, and presentation to World Health Assembly in May 2004.