Frequently asked questions
CD4+T-Cell counting technology
- What are CD4+ T-cells?
- What is the CD4+ T-cell count?
- How are CD4+ T-cells enumerated?
Viral load testing
- What is HIV-1 Viral Load?
- How are CD4 and HIV viral load used?
- How is Viral Load measured?
- What is an ELISA test?
- What is a Simple/Rapid test?
- What is the difference between a ELISA and a Simple/Rapid test?
- What is a Confirmatory Assay?
- What is the "window-period" and how long is it?
Alternative specimens- whole blood, oral fluid & urine
- Is urine or saliva feasible to use as a source of HIV detection?
Circonstances et modalités d’utilisation des tests d’infection récente pour estimer l’incidence de l’infection à HIV au niveau d’une population.
When and how to use assays for recent infection to estimate HIV incidence at a population level
HIV Rapid Assays: Operational Characteristics Report 16
- View all documents
- WHO Prequalification of Medicines, Diagnostics and Vaccines: 6th Consultative Meeting with Stakeholders, 4-5 April 2011
- WHO Technical Working Group Meeting on CD 4 Technologies,17 -19 November 2009
- WHO Technical Working Group Meeting on Prequalification of HIV Virological Technologies, 21-23 September 2009
- View all events