Where WHO works
WHO headquarters is located in Geneva, Switzerland. There are 6 WHO regions, each with a regional office. In addition, WHO has 149 field offices in countries, territories or areas. Countries without a WHO office are covered by nearby field offices or by the appropriate regional office.
This map shows WHO regions (by colour) and location of the 6 WHO regional offices. It has an interactive feature, which you can enable by hovering your mouse cursor over a country. You can view the following information (about country level and sub-country level offices):
- country name
- location of WHO office in country, territory or area
- name of Head of WHO office
- link to WHO country website
- number of WHO sub-country offices (if applicable).
To zoom in by region:
- Select a region (from the legend box), and click on the magnifying glass icon.
- To return to the default global view, click the “Clear Zoom” icon from the legend box.