WHO collaborating centres database
The WHO collaborating centres database has the updated list of all the WHO collaborating centres, and is accessible through the internet to the general public.
It is the official source of information on WHO collaborating centres. For each entry, it shows the following information:
- reference number
- initiator of the designation
- name of the head of the WHO CC
- name and contact details of the institution
- date of original designation, date of last redesignation (if any) and date of expiry
- Terms of reference
- types of activity
- reference to WHO's Outputs
- name and contact information for the responsible officer and technical counterpart
"In everything we do, WHO relies on the expertise of hundreds of formal WHO Collaborating Centres, in your countries, and thousands of the best brains in science, medicine, and public health, in your countries. They give us their time freely and it is my strong impression that they do so with pride."
Dr Margaret Chan, Director-General, address to the Sixty-fourth World Health Assembly, 16 May 2011