WHO Disability Assessment Schedule 2.0 (WHODAS 2.0)
The new WHODAS 2.0 supersedes WHODAS II and shows the following advantages:
- A generic assessment instrument for health and disability
- Used across all diseases, including mental, neurological and addictive disorders
- Short, simple and easy to administer (5 to 20 minutes)
- Applicable in both clinical and general population settings
- A tool to produce standardized disability levels and profiles
- Applicable across cultures, in all adult populations
- Directly linked at the level of the concepts to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
WHODAS 2.0 covers 6 Domains of Functioning, including:
- Cognition – understanding & communicating
- Mobility– moving & getting around
- Self-care– hygiene, dressing, eating & staying alone
- Getting along– interacting with other people
- Life activities– domestic responsibilities, leisure, work & school
- Participation– joining in community activities
If you plan to use WHODAS 2.0, please complete the online User Agreement Form.
To view available language translations, please see the WHODAS 2.0 Downloads Page.
If you are interested in translating WHODAS 2.0 into a language not currently available, please complete the translation work form and a representative of WHO Press will respond to negotiate and complete the agreement.
To download scoring templates please click the following links
12-item Instrument Scoring Sheet
36-item Instrument Scoring Sheet, Simple Scoring Calculation
36-item Instrument Scoring Sheet, Domain-Weighted Scoring Calculation
Page updated on 25 January 2016