WHO and the ICD-11-MMS Joint Task Force are reviewing each chapter, individually, making such corrections as are necessary to prepare the ICD-11 version for Mortality and Morbidity Statistics (ICD-11-MMS) for the Tokyo Release at the ICD-11 Revision Conference in October of this year. The Tokyo release will not yet be ready for implementation, but will give Member States and other stakeholders a clear view of what ICD-11 will look like and how it will function, as well as allowing Member States to provide feedback to WHO about national needs and to begin planning for implementation after 2018.
WHO was pleased to organize a high-level ICD-11 Revision Conference for Member States, hosted by the Collaborating Centre WHO-FIC in Japan.
This meeting was held in conjunction with the annual meeting of the WHO Family of International Classifications Network (WHO-FIC), which also took place in Tokyo, Japan from 8-12 October 2016. The theme for this year was: "Health Information in the New Era" (「保健医療の新時代：ICD-11改訂会議」).
WHO Family of International Classifications Network (WHO-FIC)
- International Classification of Diseases for Oncology, 3rd Edition (ICD-O-3)
ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines
- ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Diagnostic criteria for Research
- Application of the International Classification of Diseases to Neurology (ICD-10-NA)
- Application of the International Classification of Diseases to Dentistry and Stomatology, 3rd Edition (ICD-DA)
- International Classification of Primary Care, Second edition (ICPC-2)
- International Classification of External Causes of Injury (ICECI)
- Technical aids for persons with disabilities - Classification and terminology (ISO9999)
- The Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System with Defined Daily Doses (ATC/DDD)
- International Classification for Nursing Practice (ICNP)
Page updated on 3 February 2017
- Revision News
- New:Joint Task Force Reports
- External Review of the ICD-11 Revision
- ICD-11 Resources and Publications
ICD-11 Project Plan
New:ICD-11 Newsletter - January 2017