The Global Task Force on Cholera Control
Vision for the revitalized Global Task Force on Cholera Control
- GTFCC members share a vision that collective action can stop cholera transmission and end cholera deaths. The purpose of the GTFCC is to support increased implementation of evidence-based strategies to control cholera
- The GTFCC aims to achieve this through strengthened international collaboration and improved coordination amongst stakeholders active in cholera-related activities
- GTFCC activities will aim to raise the visibility of cholera as a public health issue, facilitate sharing of evidence-based practices, and contribute to capacity development in all areas of cholera control
- The GTFCC shall not be responsible for developing any technical norms or standards
- To support the design and implementation of global strategies to contribute to capacity development for cholera prevention and control globally.
- To provide a forum for technical exchange, coordination, and cooperation on cholera-related activities to strengthen countries’ capacity to prevent and control cholera, especially those related to implementation of proven effective strategies and monitoring of progress, dissemination and implementation of technical guidelines, operational manuals, etc.
- To support the development of a research agenda with special emphasis on evaluating innovative approaches to cholera prevention and control in affected countries.
- To increase the visibility of cholera as an important global public health problem through integration and dissemination of information about cholera prevention and control, and conducting advocacy and resource mobilization activities to support cholera prevention and control at national, regional, and global levels.