World Immunization Week 2013: Protect your world - get vaccinated
There are many ways to get involved in World Immunization Week. Experience in regional campaigns in the years since 2003 has shown how successful such efforts can be. Here are some ideas.
Ministries of health
- Organize vaccination campaigns.
- Distribute posters and leaflets about vaccination to health centres.
- Write articles about vaccination coverage in your country and what more needs to be done.
- Join forces to inform your constituents about global vaccination goals.
- Organize discussion groups with local populations about available vaccines, their benefits and risks.
- Get fully vaccinated: Check with your local health worker whether you are up-to-date with recommended vaccines. If not, make an appointment to get fully vaccinated.
- Join in local activities: Find out what activities are going on in your local area during vaccination week.
Tell us about your events
Through our web site: Tell us about events that you are organizing. Let us, and others, know about your plans, by sending us the details through the following link:
Through our social media channels: As we get closer to World Immunization Week, we will be linking to campaign materials through our Facebook page , YouTube channel and Google+. You can let us know how you will be involved too.
Follow us on Twitter . Look out for the hashtag #GetVax. Follow our World Immunization Week tweets and retweet those of interest to your own networks.