- monitor the implementation of the intensified control strategy;
- promote research according to agreed priorities;
- identify obstacles for the effective control of Buruli ulcer and recommend corrective actions;
- advise on and prioritize new research initiatives;
- ensure impartial review of new research proposals;
- promote awareness of Buruli ulcer in the context of neglected tropical diseases;
- assist in identifying funding to support the implementation of the above-mentioned activities.
Final report of the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) on Buruli ulcer, 2009.
- Strategy implementation and coordination
- Care and support
- Laboratory support network
- Drug treatment
- Epidemiology and surveillance