Reviewer help area
The Reviewer Area allows you to see at a glance how many requests for review, active reviews, and completed reviews you have in the system. Please be assured that all reviewer comments are confidential.
Requests for Review
Requests for your services as a reviewer are listed here. If you received an email request to review a paper but find no papers in your Requests for Review queue, the request is most likely associated with a different account than the one you used to sign in. Please contact the journal at email@example.com for assistance.
- Accept Review Assignment: Choose this option and you will be emailed a letter of acknowledgement. On the confirmation screen, click on Complete this action to confirm your acceptance.
- Decline Review: Click here and you will be taken to a confirmation screen. Enter any Notes/Comments (such as your reason for declining), then click on Complete this action to confirm this action.
- E-mail Regarding Conflict of Interest: Select this action to contact the journal regarding a possible conflict of interest. The request for review will remain in this queue until you accept or decline it, unless journal staff withdraw the request.
These are accepted review assignments. Click on the links below the manuscript data to perform actions.
In order to view PDFs, you will need to have Adobe Acrobat installed. It's available for free at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html. Follow the instructions on that page to download and install the software. To save a PDF to your own computer, right-click on the PDF link (if you use a Mac, hold down the mouse button until the menu appears). On the pop-up menu select "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) or "Save Link As" (Netscape). Select the location you want the file to be saved to, and name the file. If you're a Mac user, select the 'Source' format; if you're a PC user, select as file type '.pdf files' or 'All files'. Be sure to add the .pdf extension to your file name. Once you click Save, the file will download to the location you chose on your computer.
- Edit/Submit Review: Choosing this option will take you to a page with links to the abstract, PDF, and HTML references of the article. After viewing, use your browser's back button to return to the Submit Your Review page. Review tools, such as quick search links to related articles, other articles by the author, etc., are also provided. Note: subscriptions may be required to view full text articles.
Once you have made your judgement, record any recommendations or ratings (if applicable). Then enter your confidential comments for the Editor on screen, or by cutting and pasting from a word processing program, or by uploading from your computer. Do the same with your comments for the author.
If you upload your comments they will be converted to pdf, and will enter the Uploaded Reviews Under Conversion queue before appearing in your Review History area (if you submitted your review) or returning to your Active Reviews queue (if you saved your work in progress). If there is any problem with the conversion you will be notified by email. If you are uploading a Word or WordPerfect document, we recommend that you use only certain fonts to ensure that the resulting PDF is as readable as possible. The fonts that will give the highest quality results are Times, Times New Roman, Courier, Helvetica, Arial and Symbol. However, if you are creating your own PDF file, you may use whatever fonts you wish, as long as the fonts are stored (embedded) in the document. Please consult the Adobe Acrobat documentation for more information about how to embed fonts.
- Email to editorial staff: At any time, you may contact the editorial staff to alert them about your review progress or to ask questions. The mail will be sent when you click on "Complete this action".
- Withdraw Review: If you can't complete the review, choose this action. Confirm your decision by clicking on Complete this action.
View your completed reviews here via the links provided.
Uploaded Reviews under Conversion
Reviews you uploaded will enter this queue for conversion to PDF.
Uploaded Reviews with Conversion Errors
The system has not been able to convert these uploaded reviews to PDF.
- Edit/Submit Review: Choose this action to return to the review form and reupload your comments for the editor and/or the author.