Current areas of work
By bringing decision-makers and researchers together, the Alliance strives to identify research priorities that are responsive to the needs of countries
At the Alliance, we believe in the power of research to inform health policy decisions, drive health care reforms, scale-up proven health interventions, and ultimately save lives. Since 1999, this belief has guided our efforts to promote the generation and use of health policy and systems research as a means to strengthen health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
The Alliance funds a variety of HPSR projects, programmes and initiatives across LMICs. The majority of these projects are grants to stimulate the generation of knowledge, but they may also be commissioned studies that: shed more light on an emerging topic; that fill an identified gap, or that respond to demand on a particular research issue. Some of these are opportunistic, while others provide the background work for larger research programmes.
By taking an approach that brings decision-makers and researchers together, the Alliance strives to identify research priorities that are responsive to the needs of countries in hopes that it will increase both the relevance and country ownership of the research.
Convening for HPSR
- Advancing Implementation Research and Delivery Science (IRDS)
- Implementation Research Platform
- Health Systems Research Synthesis Advisory Group
Research Priority Setting
- Improving Programme Implementation through Embedded Research (iPIER)
- Decision-Maker Led Implementation Research
- Grants Programme for Implementation Research
- Evidence Synthesis on Strategies for Implementation Interventions
- Leadership Development for Enhanced Decision-Making
- Implementation Research in Three Priority Areas
- Access to Medicines Research
- Universal Health Coverage Research
- Results Based Financing Research
- Primary Care Systems Profiles and Performance (PRIMASYS)
- Policy Information Platform (PIP)
- Centres for Systematic Reviews
- EPPI-Centre Policy-Relevant Systematic Reviews
- CERQual (Confidence in the Evidence from Reviews of Qualitative Research)
Please be advised that while the Alliance ensures technical review of all grantee products, it does not guarantee the completeness, accuracy or reliability of the information found in grantee reports. Further, the responsibility for opinions expressed in grantee reports rests solely with their authors, and publication on this website does not constitute an endorsement by the Alliance of the opinions expressed in them.