Ageing and Life Course
- 10 Priorities
- International Day of Older Persons
- Global strategy and action plan
- World report on ageing
- Age-friendly World
Areas of work
The Department of Ageing and Life Course organises its work according to the 5 strategic priority areas identified in the Global strategy and action plan on ageing and health 2016-2020.
1 November 2017 - The WHO Bulletin released a special theme issue on Healthy Ageing. This issue highlights the challenges of ensuring people live long and healthy lives and provides insights on how to tackle diverse issues such as evaluating service readiness, supporting integrated health care, providing long-term care and improving equity.
- Read the WHO Bulletin special issue here
- Twitter - watch ALC Director Dr John Beard introduce the special issue
News and events
Berlin, Germany, 23-25 October 2017 - The Global Consultation on integrated care for older people provided an opportunity for discussion and debate among global experts and WHO Member States about how health and social care systems can better align to the needs of older people.
- Read more about the Global Consultation
- Find out more about health systems that meet the needs of older people
Infographics and fact sheets
ICOPE Guidelines (Integrated Care for Older People) - just released
Health workforce for ageing populations
China country assessment report on ageing and health
World report on ageing and health