Welcome to eLENA
The WHO e-Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA) is an online library of evidence-informed guidance for nutrition interventions. It is a single point of reference for the latest nutrition guidelines, recommendations and related information including supporting materials such as scientific evidence, background materials and commentaries from invited experts.
eLENA aims to help countries successfully implement and scale-up nutrition interventions by informing as well as guiding policy development and programme design.
eLENA is available in all six official languages of WHO. To view eLENA content in another language, click on the appropriate link at the top right of the web page, directly above the social media icons.
Breastfeeding and Zika virus
8 March 2016 -- eLENA has been updated to include the recently released interim guidance on breast feeding in the context of Zika virus.
eLENA mobile phone application
17 December 2015 -- Access the latest WHO nutrition guidelines, recommendations and related information for nutrition interventions, wherever you are, with eLENAmobile, now available for iPhone and Android smartphones.
New nutrition actions
19 December 2014 -- As part of eLENA's expanding catalogue of nutrition actions, the latest evidence and guidance is now available for the following interventions. To suggest a new topic to be included in eLENA, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Daily iron and folic acid supplementation during pregnancy in malaria-endemic areas
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation in menstruating women in malaria-endemic areas
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation in non-anaemic pregnant women in malaria-endemic areas
- Feeding of very-low-birth-weight infants
- Micronutrient supplementation in low-birth-weight and very-low-birth-weight infants
- Mother’s milk for low-birth-weight infants
- Nutritional care of children and adults with Ebola virus disease in treatment centres