Welcome to eLENA
The WHO e-Library of Evidence for Nutrition Actions (eLENA) is an online library of evidence-informed guidance for nutrition interventions. It is a single point of reference for the latest nutrition guidelines, recommendations and related information including supporting materials such as scientific evidence, background materials and commentaries from invited experts.
eLENA aims to help countries successfully implement and scale-up nutrition interventions by informing as well as guiding policy development and programme design.
eLENA is available in all six official languages of WHO. To view eLENA content in another language, click on the appropriate link at the top right of the web page, directly above the social media icons.
Field-testing of the eLENA mobile phone application
Field-testers are currently being recruited for the beta version of the eLENA mobile phone application. For more information and to participate in field testing of the mobile app, click on the link below.
New nutrition actions
19 December 2014 -- As part of eLENA's expanding catalogue of nutrition actions, the latest evidence and guidance is now available for the following interventions. To suggest a new topic to be included in eLENA, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Daily iron and folic acid supplementation during pregnancy in malaria-endemic areas
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation in menstruating women in malaria-endemic areas
- Intermittent iron and folic acid supplementation in non-anaemic pregnant women in malaria-endemic areas
- Feeding of very-low-birth-weight infants
- Micronutrient supplementation in low-birth-weight and very-low-birth-weight infants
- Mother’s milk for low-birth-weight infants
- Nutritional care of children and adults with Ebola virus disease in treatment centres